Monday, December 6, 2010

Life and light

Since I sometimes do get stuck on what to sing for family Advent time, I decided I need to expand my parameters a bit.  In that spirit, tonight we sang "No Sweeter Name".  It includes much of what I want to emphasize in our Advent celebration, all of us know it, and all of us like it, which make it a clear winner.

No sweeter name than the name of Jesus,
No sweeter name have I ever known,
No sweeter name than the name of Jesus!
You are the life to my heart and my soul,
You are the light to the darkness around me,
You are the hope to the hopeless and broken,
You are the only truth and the way.
 -- Kari Jobe

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.  -- John 1:4-5

Walk in the light!

1 comment:

  1. Carol,

    Thank you for helping test my comments feature! I appreciate the help in getting this new blog going.

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete